Many leaders and business owners are eager to implement the Agile Model into their current businesses and the organizational model. However, most people worry that the transition will go wrong and end up having a negative impact on the quality of the existing team or worse. According to enterprise statistics in Europe conducted in 2019, there are 03 methods of transforming Agile Models that really bring breakthrough results for businesses when combining the application of the same OKR goal management method.
First of all, for businesses interested in the Agile Model, it is an organizational model in the new business era and is especially more popular in Industry 4.0. Unlike the traditional organizational model (known as the Waterfall model) which is greatly limited by large scale, complex procedureses and multi-level hierarchy, the Agile model focuses on putting the customer-centric at its core and empowering all team members to take responsibility and give decisions responsibly, come up with plans as quickly as possible to serve customers and thereby help businesses grow faster. And for businesses that are not familiar with OKR, OKR (Objective & Key Results) is a method of goal-setting management that is especially useful for businesses with high aspirations and big ambition to growth hack. OKR is proven to be effective when many of the world’s leading businesses currently using such as Google, Intel, Twitter, Amazon… Therefore, with innovative or flexible models such as Agile, OKR model is a perfect solution to help businesses determine their strategic goals (Objective) through important outcomes (Key Results) and are implemented according to each specific action plan (Initiatives).
If you are a leader or business owner, refer to the following measures and examples below for inspiration to apply your own business model. And please always remember that only you know and understand best what should be applied and should be adjusted accordingly when applied in practice. If your business is in the early stages of making an Agile transformation, that’s great and congratulations because the 03 Agile Model transformation methods that will be mentioned have really brought breakthrough results for your business. industry applied in practice.
The First OKR – “Leadership Involvement”
In the 14th report of the State of Agile Report, one of the challenges leading when adopting Agile model transformation is “Not having enough leadership involvement”. This challenge is just behind “General organizational resistance to change” with a negligible difference. This shows the significant importance of team involvement and support is growing.
The application of OKR has helped solve the problem of “Leadership involvement” for businesses’ concerns in the face of this pressure. Set OKR in the following case:
Objective – Objective (example): Leaders must be willing and dedicated to improving the ability to lead an organization with the Agile model
Key Results – Key Results (example) measured by:
- Clear business results and make sure all departments, individuals and stakeholders understand
- Communicate the value and benefits of transformation to the entire organization Organization
- Create an Agile Task Force fully empowered by the CEO
- Build a clear and specific transformation roadmap
- All management and leadership must be trained and supported in the new process
When a company achieves this OKR, businesses will quickly realize significant business advantages, creating the ability to maintain very high competitiveness compared to the general market.
With key results, shaped by concrete and realistic implementation, and the determination of the entire team, managers and leaders can continuously inspire by adopting a The number of tactics is as follows:
- Intergrating the Agile’s roadmap to be a part of Key Results that need to be achieved
- Using a high-level training method or hire training professionals to communicate effectively the company’s management team
- Ensuring the management team practice it all the time based on the flexibility anf continous improvement of Agile model from the beginning
- Keeping exchanging info, giving feedbacks between the management team and stakeholders about the progress of the company’s Objective and the Key results to win.
- Linking strictly the business Objective with very specific outcomes in a certain time frame.
We shall continue the 02 other exciting methods in the next article. Stay tuned! 💪🏻
- These 05 Strategic OKRs From Google Will Help Speed Up Your Startup Much Better
- 03 Breakthrough Transformation Methods When Incorporating OKR into Agile Model – Part 2
- 03 Breakthrough Transformation Methods When Incorporating OKR into Agile Model – Part 1
- 16 of OKR’s “Golden” Takeaways That Worth 10 Years of Experience When Implementing to Business Development – Part 2
- 16 of OKR’s “Golden” Takeaways That Worth 10 Years of Experience When Implementing to Business Development – Part 1